1. Eat More Mindfully
- Develop a mealtime ritual.
- Create a relaxing environment.
- Slow down and take smaller bites.
- Engage your senses.
- Chew more to improve digestion and increase nutrient absorption.
2. Swap Your Salt
- Replace table salt with a high quality, unrefined sea salt, such as Celtic.
- Unrefined sea salt has the opposite effect of table salt.
3. Choose Better Beverages
- Stay hydrated with water by packing a bottle to take wherever you go.
- Avoid using caffeine as a replacement for sleep or skipped meals.
- Find healthier alternatives to processed beverages sweetened with sugar or artificial ingredients.
- Sweeten with success by using cinnamon and stevia.
4. Include More Vegetables
- Eat more veggies by juicing, enjoying salads, including with snacks and using for wraps/rolls.
- For extra benefits include veggies that are: raw (for enzymes), bitter (to improve digestion), fibrous (to eliminate toxins), fermented (for probiotics) and sea veggies (for iodine and minerals).
5. Go Crazy For Coconuts
- Nutrient highlights: fat-burning MCTs and immune-boosting lauric acid.
- Heat stable for cooking, which makes it less likely to oxidize.
6. Load up on Antioxidants
- Eat a rainbow of colorful foods to reduce inflammation.
- Antioxidant allies include: polyphenols (berries, coffee), resveratrol (blueberries, red grapes, red wine), catechins (green tea), glutathione (whey), omega-3s (salmon, sardines, walnuts), curcumin (turmeric) and full spectrum antioxidants (green leafy veggies, cabbage family veg, herbs and spices).
7. Eat a Protein-Rich Breakfast
- Eat breakfast within an hour of waking.
- Enjoy 25 grams of quality protein at breakfast.
Quick & Easy Protein Packed Morning Meals
- 7 Sensational Shake & Green Drinks
- Eggs with nitrate-free bacon/sausage, mushrooms and asparagus
- Quinoa flakes with vanilla protein powder, apple, walnuts & cinnamon
- Greek yogurt with cherries and chocolate protein powder
- Cottage cheese with raspberries and slivered almonds
- Time-Saver: hard-cooked eggs with veggies
Upon waking, enjoy a large glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice
Day 01: On-The-Go
Breakfast: creamy coconut protein shake
Snack: yogurt with cinnamon, frozen cherries and stevia
Lunch: kale wrapped turkey with stuffed with cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta
Dinner: slow cooker pulled pork tacos with corn tortillas, guacamole and salsa
Day 02: Minimal Cooking
Breakfast: cottage cheese with raspberries
Snack: celery with almond butter
Lunch: chicken salad with arugula, apple, beets, carrots and walnuts
Dinner: coconut braised chicken with cauliflower, carrots and basil
Day 03: Sit & Savor
Breakfast: eggs with spinach, sweet potato and goat cheese
Snack: carrots with hummus
Lunch: salmon salad with mixed greens, pecans and strawberries
Dinner: beef stew with butternut squash, tomatoes, mushrooms and kale
Try these raw vanilla walnut shortbread and cacao cashew cookies for dessert!
Would you like to lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, increase energy and feel better on a daily basis? Contact Certified Nutritionist and Kitchen Coach, Cate Ritter, to improve your health now!