Although the Summertime is great for grilling, sometimes you don’t want to spend time out in the heat cooking or cleaning up your grill. So how do you get tender, crisp-skinned chicken without sweating over a grill or having a massive clean up? Try this Broiled Chicken recipe for a quick and easy meal.
3 pounds chicken thighs with bone-in and skin-on (about 8 thighs)
6 tablespoons fine sea salt
1 quart of cold (enough to cover the chicken while brining)
- Brine in the fridge overnight: In a large container, combine chicken, salt and water.
- Drain and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season with dried herbs and spices if desired.
- Preheat broiler and arrange the chicken skin-side down on a baking sheet.
- Broil on the lowest rack for 14 minutes a side.
- Move baking sheet to the upper rack and broil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the oven when the skin is crisp and the meat reaches 165 degrees.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Broiled asparagus and bell peppers (drizzled with lemon)
- Farm fresh tomatoes drizzled in balsamic
- Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumber, feta and olives
- Hummus with raw carrots, bell peppers and cucumber
- Spinach salad with apple, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette
Would you like to lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, increase energy and feel better on a daily basis? Contact Certified Nutritionist and Kitchen Coach, Cate Ritter, to improve your health now!