These crowd-pleasing quiche and quinoa recipes are perfect for entertaining a group of friends, a family brunch or a weekday grab-and-go breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hot or cold, day or night, these decadent dish are flavorful and filling!
Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
Yields 8 Slices
4 slices bacon
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup goat cheese
4 Roasted Sweet Potatoes, skin removed, sliced into thin rounds
4 scallions, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick, oven-proof skillet over medium heat until desired doneness. Remove bacon and add potato slices, arranging in an even layer. Chop bacon, then add to skillet with red pepper.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add mixture to skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, the quiche should be lightly golden. The center may still be slightly liquid, but will finish cooking outside of the oven.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
Banana, Pecan & Berry Breakfast Quinoa
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, sliced
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh/frozen
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat until warmed throughout.
- Serve with quiche, frittatas or smoked salmon.