Improve your daily diet by enjoying raw vegetables with meals and snacks. Raw veggies require minimal prep, making them ideal for maximizing nutrients with little effort. Not only are veggies rich in beneficial enzymes, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, but they can also prevent you from eating processed products such as bread, candy, pretzels and chips. Bursting with fresh flavors, vibrant colors and tantalizing textures, including raw veggies is a great way to add variety to your plate.
Easy for packing, raw veggies make a great snack for school, work or even a long day on the golf course. Here are some great ideas to go raw:
- Sliced red pepper with Zukay Sweet Onion Basil and olive oil
- Sliced tomatoes drizzled with balsamic, sea salt and pepper
- Cucumber slices with homemade hummus and olives
- Carrot sticks dipped in fresh chunky guacamole
- Arugula with shredded carrots, apple and pecans
- Blueberry kale protein shake
- Avocado sprinkled with sea salt
- Herbed sardine stuffed tomatoes
- Celery and almond butter
- Sliced jicama and apples
Quick & Easy
Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods Market offer a great selection of pre-cut, grab-and-go options such as cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and mini cucumbers.
Greens such as spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce, kale, and cabbage are excellent for making salads, wraps and rolls. Endive leaves are perfect for mini shrimp boats with pineapple salsa. Spinach is excellent for rolling smoked salmon, tomato and creme fraiche. The possibilities are endless!
Keep yourself from feeling like a raw food nibbling rabbit by adding these nutritious flavor boosters. Look for labels containing minimal ingredients that are free from refined sugars, flours and man-made fats.
- Extra virgin olive oil & organic apple cider vinegar
- Zukay probiotic salad dressings
- Nuts and nut butters
- Seeds and seed butters
- Raw milk cheeses
Would you like to lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, increase energy and feel better on a daily basis? Contact Certified Nutritionist and Kitchen Coach, Cate Ritter, to improve your health now!