One easy way to eat healthier is to choose natural whole foods over man-made processed products. Instead of grabbing a burger with a bun, go for a lettuce or leafy green wrap. With tasty alternatives, you can enjoy nourishing foods without packing on the pounds or feeling deprived. Use the menu options below to find healthier options, so that reaching your health goals is delicious, doable and sustainable.
- Choose whole, one-ingredient foods over processed products.
- Opt for the highest quality foods you can afford, such as organic, grass-fed, etc.
- Find healthier alternatives.
- Plan 1-2 “cheat” meals a week to indulge.
Use this list to make smart swaps and upgrade your daily diet.
- Egg whites, wheat toast, jam —> Whole eggs, sweet potato, cinnamon, butter
- Cereal, low-fat milk —> Steel-cut oatmeal, coconut milk, berries & cinnamon; protein side
- Low-fat fruit yogurt with granola —> Full-fat, plain yogurt with berries and Paleonola or nuts & seeds
- Low-fat latte —> Organic coffee with Superfood Creamer or butter, coconut oil, cinnamon & stevia
- Sugary fruit juice —> Homemade veggie juice with fruit; Kombucha
- Donut & pastries —> Homemade treats, such as raw cookies
- Muffin, blueberry, bran, etc. —> Homemade egg muffins or mini frittatas
- Wheat sandwich, lunch meat & mayo —> Lettuce wrap, fresh meat, arugula, tomato, avocado, PK mayo
- Side dish of potato salad or chips —> fruit salad —> salad or veggie side
- Burger, white bun, fries & mayo —> Lettuce wrapped burger, tomato, avocado, PK mayo; side salad
- Pasta, tomato sauce & sausage —> Spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles, sausage & fresh tomato sauce
- Chicken salad, low-fat dressing, candied nuts & croutons —> Chicken salad, PK dressing, raw nuts & veg
- Pork tacos, flour tortillas, rice & beans —> pork tacos, organic corn tortillas, peppers, guacamole & salsa
- Sushi with soy sauce—> sashimi with Tamari or coconut aminos
- Store-bought soup —> homemade soup with bone broth, meat & veggies
- Candy bar —> Dark chocolate, PK Bars or homemade treats
- Chips & dip —> Gluten-free chips or veg with hummus, guacamole, salsa & PK dressing
- Crackers & cheese —> Gluten-free crackers with raw milk cheese & olives
- Protein bars —> PK bars, jerky, protein shake (with PK Primal Fuel or Collagen Fuel)
- Snack bars, trail mix, granola —> PK bars, Paleonola, nuts, seeds & fresh fruit
- 4 Steps to Go Paleo, Healthy Eating Guide & Alternatives
- Menu Options & Meal Ideas
- Meal Plans & Meal Delivery
- How to Read Food Labels
- Set-Up for Success: Kitchen Cleanout
- Healthy Grocery Shopping Tips
- Learn How to Cook & Save Time
- Strategize Your Splurges: How to Cheat Your Diet
- Healthy Eating Made Easy
- 20 Mainstream Nutrition Myths