This colorful Asparagus Frittata with Ham and Gruyere Cheese is delightful for a decadent brunch while entertaining. It’s also an amazing grab-and-go breakfast that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
Asparagus Frittata with Ham & Gruyere
Yields 8 Slices
9 large eggs
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed, spears cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 medium shallot, minced
6 ounces nitrate-free ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 ounces Gruyère cheese (preferably imported and aged for at least 10 months), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
For maximum nutritional benefits, select local, organic ingredients when possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined, about 30 seconds. Stir in cheese and set aside.
- Preheat a 12-inch nonstick ovensafe skillet over medium heat. Add butter and asparagus, cooking for 3 minutes. Add shallot and ham, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Note: When finished cooking, the quiche should be lightly golden. The center may still be slightly liquid, but will finish cooking outside of the oven.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
A weekend brunch wouldn’t be complete without something sweet and something fizzy. These drool-inducing Cherry Cheesecake Cups and Zevia Mimosas are excellent for a healthier Mother’s Day Menu too!
Cherry “Cheesecake” in a Cup
1 cup creme fraiche
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: stevia, to taste
4 cups fresh cherries (or frozen, defrosted)
Instructions: Mix creme fraiche with honey, vanilla and stevia until well combined. Stir in cherries. Divide into 4 cups and serve cold.
Zevia Mimosa or “Zemosa”
Instructions: Combine 2 parts champagne + 1 part Zevia Orange + orange peel and zest
Would you like to lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, increase energy and feel better on a daily basis? Contact Certified Nutritionist and Kitchen Coach, Cate Ritter, to improve your health now!