Did you know toxins are stored in fatty tissues such as the brain, butt and belly? Toxins are a major weight loss inhibitor and hormone disruptor.
Whether male or female, you’re probably using more “beauty” and hygiene products than you think. Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving gel, lotion, sunscreen, chapstick, perfume/cologne, make-up, nail polish, hair dye, and other common products are often filled with harmful toxins. No matter if they’re applied to skin or inhaled from the air, toxins can prevent weight loss, create hormone imbalances, increase toxicity, increase allergies, and increase cancer risk, and wreak havoc on overall health.
According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), public health laws allow:
- Almost any chemical as an ingredient in personal care products
- Misleading and incomplete labeling of ingredients
- Unsubstantiated claims about product benefits
- No required safety testing of products or ingredients
Read Labels to Reduce Toxins
Much like grocery shopping, navigating store aisles for safe items can be difficult. Luckily, the EWG has tips and recommendations for what to buy or avoid. Start reducing your toxic load by…
- Using fewer products.
- Always reading the ingredients listed and avoiding marketing claims such as: “gentle” and “natural.”
- Downloading the EWG app to scan barcodes to evaluate your products and find healthier alternatives.
- Get a chlorine shower filter to reduce chlorine exposure by 90%.
- Use this Healthier Home Checklist to reduce toxins in your home and daily life.
Ingredients To Avoid
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
- Coal tar hair dyes and other coal tar ingredients (Aminophenol, Diaminobenzene, Phenylenediamine)
- DMDM hydantoin & bronopol (2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol)
- Mercury and mercury compounds
- Methyl cellosolve (or methoxyethanol)
- Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone
- Parabens (Propyl, Isopropyl, Butyl, and Isobutylparabens)
- PEG/Ceteareth/Polyethylene compounds
- Petroleum distillates
- Retinyl palmitate and retinol (Vitamin A)
- Triclosan & Triclocarban
Click here for a more detailed description of each!
- How to Nourish Your Natural Inner Beauty
- 15 DIY Edible Beauty Solutions
- 10 Healthier Home Products to Reduce Toxins
- Reduce Toxins in Your Home & Daily Life
- Skin Deep, Natural Product Database
PurO3 products are made with organic premium grade oils and pure oxygen. No fillers or chemicals are added. It’s as pure as they come. In fact, these oils are so natural that it’s safe to eat them.
With therapeutic and beauty-rich benefits, PurO3 ozonated oils are excellent natural solutions for a variety of skin issues including: acne, age spots, wrinkles, rosacea, psoriasis, bug bites, sunburns, itchy skin, cuts, rashes, and more. They’re among the best anti-aging, beauty-boosting oils available.
PurO3 uses a revolutionary new ozone technology called microfluidic platform technology fed with an ultra pure oxygen source. What makes this method special is the pure form of ozone produced without any heat. This allows PurO3 to provide the highest quality ozonated oil products on the market today.
Cate Ritter is a Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner specializing in weight loss, digestive health and hormone balance. In-person, Skype, phone and corporate health programs available.