If you’re having problems with your hair, skin, nails and teeth, you want to look at your lifestyle and your daily diet. It’s usually pretty clear if you’re not taking proper care of yourself. Stress and lack of sleep always show. In order to look, feel and perform your best, you want to keep stress low, get plenty of rejuvenating sleep, exercise, enjoy sunshine, and eat a healthy daily diet. Listed below are 5 of important nutrition changes you can make to nourish your natural inner beauty and improve your overall health.
1. Stay Hydrated With Water
- Start your morning with a large glass of water and pack a BPA-free bottle to refill throughout the day
- Add variety to plain H2o with lemon wedges, sliced cucumber, fresh mint or frozen berries.
2. Choose Whole Foods
- Select greens over grains (veg over bread). Try juicing, salads, leafy green wraps and extra side dishes.
- Always read food labels: the less ingredients, the better. Avoid words you cannot pronounce.
3. Strengthen Gut Health
- Get to the root cause by addressing underlying gut problems or digestive dysfunction.
- Eat less refined carbs and sugars that feed the “bad stuff” in your gut.
- Include freshly made bone broth regularly for gelatin and other nutrients that help heal the gut.
- Enjoy more probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, etc.
4. Keep Hormones Happy
- Stabilize blood sugar levels by eating regular, balanced meals and snacks that consist of quality protein, natural fats and plenty of non-starchy vegetables.
- Eat plenty of protein at breakfast.
- Sweeten with stevia and cinnamon.
- Swap your table salt for unrefined sea salt.
- Support your thyroid with iodine-rich foods (sea weed, seafood) and selenium (brazil nuts, mushrooms)
5. Love Your Liver
- Eat detoxifying foods daily (lemons, bitters, cilantro, etc.) and do gentle detoxes throughout the year.
- Sip on herbal tea throughout the day, such as Traditional Medicinals Dandelion or Everyday Detox.
- Load up on antioxidants found in colorful foods, such as berries, cherries, dark chocolate and green tea.
- Maintain healthy digestion. Constipation recirculates toxins. Diarrhea increases malabsorption.
- Reduce toxins by eating organic and selecting more natural beauty, hygiene and household items.
A Day In The Life
Breakfast: organic green tea with stevia, eggs with chicken apple sausage and kale
Snack: kefir mixed with cherries and cinnamon
Lunch: salmon salad with mixed greens, avocado, cucumber and peppers
Snack: celery and almond butter
Dinner: pulled pork tacos on organic corn tortillas with raw milk cheese, pineapple salsa and red cabbage
Dessert: Brown Salted Butter Dark Chocolate squares