Not a morning person? You’ll be jumping out of bed to enjoy these mouthwatering Maple Cinnamon Pancakes. These gluten-free flapjacks are delicious served warm with a drizzling of maple syrup, fresh berries and Coconut Whipped Cream. Balance this beautiful breakfast with a side of nitrate-free bacon or sausage for a good source of protein that will help stabilize blood sugar levels and keep you full long after you eat.
Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
Yields 8 small pancakes
1 super ripe large banana
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- While your skillet is heating, add all of the ingredients (except the butter) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the butter and swirl it to coat the skillet. Then, add 1/4 cup of batter per pancake (about 4-inches in diameter).
- Cook pancakes until they begin bubbling, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and firm, about 1 minute.
Coconut Whipped Cream
For extra creamy consistency, prepare this recipe the night before.
2 cans of organic coconut milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 scoops plain powdered stevia (optional)
- Chill the cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Also, chill a stainless steel or glass bowl in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, carefully remove the coconut milk from the fridge so you don’t disturb the separation. Scoop the layer of cream off the top and place it in the chilled bowl with the other ingredients.
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream on high until peaks form, about 2 minutes. Place the whipped cream in an airtight container in the fridge overnight to thicken.
Hosting a healthier weekend brunch? Enjoy these recipes with Zemosas!
Would you like to lose weight, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, increase energy and feel better on a daily basis? Contact Certified Nutritionist and Kitchen Coach, Cate Ritter, to improve your health now!