Fall is a busy time of year for most families, which is why you’ll love these simple recipes. Quick and easy to prepare, these meatballs are particularly tasty with sweet potatoes and crunchy cauliflower. No matter the season, this mouthwatering meal packs in lots flavor with little effort.
These finger-friendly foods are great straight from the oven or enjoyed cold the next day. Meatballs are perfect with sauerkraut and sliced peppers for a grab-and-go breakfast or a protein-rich snack. Leftover potatoes are excellent mashed with cinnamon, walnuts, and basil.
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Roast the sweet potatoes first, then prep the other dishes, placing them in the oven 25 minutes after the potatoes.
Succulent Sweet Potatoes
Cooking: 45 minutes Yields 6
6 medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and poke holes into each one with a fork. Roast for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Halve potatoes, add butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Juicy Pork Meatballs
Cooking: 20 minutes Yields 18
2 pounds ground pork
1/4 cup almond meal/flour
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons cayenne powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients with your hands and mix thoroughly.
- Form pork into about 18 golf ball size meatballs and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving (this allows them to continue cooking).
Cooking: 20 minutes Serves 6
2 heads cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons butter (or pork juices)
- Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and fork tender.
- Toss with butter and season.