One of the easiest and most effective ways to lose weight and improve your health is to eat a protein-rich, whole food breakfast.
Together, the foods below can form a perfect plate to satisfy hunger, while packing big health benefits.
Protein helps reduce cravings, supports immunity, promotes fat burning, and improves mood. Aim for 25 grams of protein per meal (4 eggs, 3-4 oz meat/poultry/fish/seafood, or 1 serving protein powder).
Fat aids fat loss, stabilizes blood sugar, increases satiation, reduces cravings, and prevents overeating.
Vegetables, especially green leafy veggies, are full of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fiber. Although non-starchy veg should be the bulk of your daily carb intake, starchy vegetables, fruit and gluten-free grains can be included depending on your activity level and weight loss goals.
- Fried Eggs + Nitrate-Free Bacon + Sweet Potato + Kale
- Wild Salmon + Poached Eggs + Asparagus
- Sliced Beef/Bison Steak + Broccoli + Red Pepper
- Poached Eggs + Hollandaise Sauce + Spinach + Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs + Sausage + Peppers + Red Potatoes
- Mini Turkey Burgers + Brussels Sprouts + Sweet Potato
- Omelet + Goat Cheese + Swiss Chard + Onions
- Smoked Salmon + Olives + Spinach + Tomatoes
- Chocolate Protein Shake + Greens + Almond Butter
- Hard-Cooked Eggs + Avocado + Cherry Tomatoes
- Greek Full-Fat Plain Yogurt + Vanilla Protein Powder + Berries
- Strawberry Protein Shake + Greens + Banana
- Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche + Roasted Cauliflower
- Bison Meatballs + Red Bell Pepper + Orange
- Mini Frittatas + Greek Yogurt + Blueberries
- Nitrate-free Sausage + Raw Milk Cheese + Apple
- Cottage Cheese + Raspberries + Slivered Almonds
- Sprouted Brown Rice Tortilla + Scrambled Eggs + Avocado + Salsa
- Wild Salmon + Banana, Blueberry & Pecan Quinoa
- Paleo Bread or “Sprouted” Bread + Almond Butter + Banana
- Quinoa Flakes + Apple + Walnuts + Cinnamon
- Paleo Bread French Toast + Date Whipped Cream + Strawberries
- Maple Pancakes + Nitrate-Free Sausage + Coconut Whipped Cream
For optimal performance, eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking. If you don’t like to eat first thing in the morning, then split it up into two smaller meals. Eat a few eggs and an avocado, then a couple hours later snack on an apple and almonds.