Whether you’re trying to lose weight with less carbs, build muscle with extra protein or improve your overall health with more nutrients, here are some meaty meal ideas to keep you going strong all day long. These healthy dishes are great for using leftovers, require little to no cooking, and are perfect for packing. With so many creative ideas to choose from, you have plenty of options for enjoying a quick bite at work, healthier lunches in school, or finger-friendly food on the golf course.
Roll thinly sliced meat such as roast beef, tri tip, turkey, chicken, ham or smoked salmon with veggies, fruit or cheese. Serve with a dip such as mustard, guacamole, hummus, pesto or salsa.
- Roast beef with mustard, cheese and arugula
- Turkey with cranberry sauce, sprouts and goat cheese
Stack meats with cheese, veggies, fruits or olives.
- Ham with mustard, green apple and raw milk cheddar cheese
- Cucumber slices with lump crab meat, watermelon and goat cheese
Use toothpicks to skewer cubed meats with cheese, veggies, fruits or olives.
- Chicken with raw milk cheese, grapes and apples
- Turkey with bacon, avocado and cherry tomatoes
Stuff vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, avocados, mushrooms, squash and potatoes with cheese, olives, chopped meats, guacamole, salsa, hummus, etc.
- Sardine stuffed tomatoes with parsley, capers and parmesan
- Beef stuffed peppers with tomato salsa and guacamole
Grab a handful of greens, top with protein, veggies, fruits, nuts, and olives. Drizzle with dressing.
- Wild salmon salad with strawberries, cucumber, walnuts and goat cheese
- Greek chicken salad with olives, cucumber, tomatoes and feta
Choose greens (lettuce/leafy greens) over grains for more nutrients.
- Romaine lettuce tacos with pulled pork, salsa and guacamole
- Lettuce wrapped burgers with mustard, tomatoes and onions
Enjoy an open-faced sandwich with half the Paleo, sprouted or sourdough bread.
- Turkey on sourdough with spinach, avocado and tomato
- “Sprouted” cinnamon raisin bread with chicken and goat cheese