Are you looking for a healthier indulgence without skimping on flavor? The good news is, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health with this drool-inducing Roasted Peaches and Date Whipped Cream. For maximum flavor and nutrients, select fresh, local and organic ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large baking dish, combine butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia.
- Add peaches and turn to coat with butter mixture; arrange in a single layer and drizzle with honey.
- Roast until golden, about 25 minutes.
Date Whipped Cream
1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 date, pitted
to taste, stevia
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired thickness.
- Serve on top of Roasted Peaches.
This recipe also works well with orange slices and dark chocolate, baked apples and lemon zest or sautéed pears with pecans and aged balsamic.
Got a Date?
Dates supply 260 percent more potassium than an orange and 64 percent more than a banana! Dates are a good source of potassium, fiber, niacin, B6, riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, copper, manganese, magnesium, iron and phosphorus. At about 14 grams of sugar per date, you’ll want to enjoy this dried fruit sparingly as a replacement for brown sugar in dessert recipes or as a simple indulgence.