Whether slimming down after the Holidays or reducing body fat for a firmer physique, Cate’s Nutrition Kitchen has 20 Fat Loss Foods that will help you look, feel and perform your best this year. Each food has been carefully chosen to prevent insulin spikes, increase metabolism, curb cravings, reduce inflammation and support permanent fat loss. Say good-bye to fad diets, weight loss drugs and quick-fix injections. There’s no need to torture or deprive yourself to achieve a beautiful body. Learn how to include these figure-friendly foods into your daily diet to minimize your waistline, while maximizing your overall health.
Rich in fiber, almonds help lower insulin levels, reduce cravings and provide high satiation.
2. Apple cider vinegar
High in acetic acid, ACV balances blood sugar levels and improves digestion.
Packed with monounsaturated fat and fiber that boost metabolism.
Rich in polyphenols and fiber, blueberries are an ideal fruit for fat loss.
5. Cabbage family vegetables
Cruciferous veg are a rich source of nutrients and fiber that promote satiation.
6. Chili peppers
Rich in capsaicin, a spicy thermogenic compound that increases metabolism.
Beneficial for lowering blood sugar, cinnamon can reduce a meal’s Glycemic Index by 29 percent!
8. Citrus fruits
Citrus is high in vitamin-C and bioflavonoids that support immunity and increase fat burning.
9. Cacao powder
Raw, organic, unsweetened cacao powder is packed full of antioxidant-rich polyphenols and flavonoids.
10. Coconut Oil
Rich in metabolism-boosting fats, coconut oil also supports immunity and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
Rich in antioxidants organic coffee consumption can support metabolism.
12. Free-range eggs
A protein-rich foods, eggs are excellent to include for weight loss.
Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols that support fat loss.
14. Grass-fed meat
An excellent source of lean, metabolism-boosting protein, grass-fed meats such as beef or bison, are rich in CLA that aid fat loss and support muscle mass.
15. Green leafy vegetables
Rich in phytonutrients, chlorophyll, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, green leafy veggies are great nutrient-dense, low-carb, high-fiber foods to include.
16. Green tea
Catechins found in green tea have excellent antioxidant, metabolism-boosting, anticancer benefits.
Rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3s, walnuts are excellent for stabilizing blood sugar levels, reducing cravings, and providing high satiation.
A great calorie-free beverage, water supports detoxification and weight loss.
19. Wild salmon
Rich in protein and omega-3s, salmon reduces inflammation, improves insulin levels, decreases depression, provides high satiation, and supports fat loss.
20. Whey protein
This form of protein is a highly digestible source of fat-burning amino acids and an excellent source of the super antioxidant, glutathione.
Sample Day 01
- Filtered water with fresh lemon juice
- Cayenne-spiced eggs with sweet potato & kale cooked in coconut oil
- Organic coffee with cinnamon
- Walnuts & blueberries
- Steak salad with arugula, tomatoes, avocado & lime vinaigrette
- Hot water with cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, stevia & coconut oil
- Celery & almond butter
- Wild salmon with sautéed cabbage & a dash of apple cider vinegar
Sample Day 02
- Filtered water with apple cider vinegar & a pinch of cayenne powder
- Free-range egg omelet with buffalo sausage & spinach
- Green tea with orange/lemon slices
- Whey protein shake with blueberries & almond butter
- Grass-fed beef burgers with chili peppers & steamed broccoli with garlic
- Ginger iced tea with mint leaves
- Walnuts roasted with coconut flakes & cinnamon
- Wild salmon with guacamole, sliced carrots, cucumber & peppers