Selecting Steak: great cuts include: filet, flank, flatiron, hanger steak, porterhouse, rib eye, skirt steak, tenderloin, top sirloin & tri tip. Grass-fed beef contains more omega-3 essential fatty acids, more nutrients & more flavor!
1 pound sirloin steaks, 1-2 inches thick (preferably grass-fed)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Marinate steaks in the ingredients above for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat and clean the grill.
- Cook steaks for 4-6 minutes a side, about 8 minutes for rare, 10 for medium rare and 12 for medium.
- Let rest for 5 minutes off the grill.
- Sliced Avocado & Tomato Salsa
- Steamed Broccoli & Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Mushrooms & Red Bell Peppers
- Mashed Sweet Potato & Spinach
- Sauteed Kale & Garlic Herb Butter