The 3 Best Nootropic Stacks – 2021
The three leading nootropic supplements on the market this year:
#1 Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is the cleanest nootropic supplement on the market right now. This product from Opti Nutra ticks all of the boxes in terms of ingredient quality, effectiveness, brand reputation and long-term safety.
“Premium” is the word that best describes Mind Lab Pro. The quality and assurance it provides are excellent. It contains 11 of the best nootropics in clinically studied doses, and affects 6 different biopathways:
- Brain Energy
- Brain Blood Flow
Mind Lab Pro’s recommended dose is two capsules in the morning and afternoon. If you work long hours or need an additional ‘boost’, you can safely increase to 4 capsules per 24 hours.
So, what’s under the ‘hood’ of Mind Lab Pro? Let’s take a look.
Mind Lab Pro’s Ingredients
- Citicoline (250mg)
- Bacopa Monnieri (150mg)
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom (500mg)
- Phosphatidylserine (100mg)
- Suntheanine, A.K.A L-Theanine (100mg)
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract (75mg)
- Rhodiola Rosea (50mg)
- L-Tyrosine as NALT (175mg)
- Vitamin B6 (2.5mg)
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) (100mcg)
- Vitamin B12 (7.5mcg)
B vitamins in Mind Lab Pro are grown on yeast and probiotic cultures using NutriGenesis® technology. This makes them nature-identical and easy for your body to absorb.
L-Tyrosine is drafted in to support cognitive performance under stress – including intense exercise, cold exposure, sleep deprivation, work-related stress, etc.
Rhodiola Rosea in Mind Lab Pro increases your focus & motivation, while Maritime Pine Bark Extract boosts cerebral blood flow for sharper thinking.
Another ingredient that stuck out to us is Lion’s Mane Mushroom. This is one of the only nootropics known to promote nerve regeneration and growth. According to some studies, Lion’s Mane Mushroom can help you feel better mentally too – relieving depression and anxiety.
Mind Lab Pro Pros and Cons
- 100% natural, stim-free formula
- 11 most effective nootropics in bioactive doses
- Addresses 6 different aspects of mental health and performance
- Used by athletes, doctors, students, gamers, CEOs, pro chess players
- Excellent brand reputation & reviews
- Their team includes neuroscientists and Ph.D. doctors
- Ships worldwide
- Premium price due to having the highest quality ingredients available
- Citicoline dose is too low if you’re taking Racetams
- Only sold direct from the manufacturer’s website
Mind Lab Pro Conclusion
Mind Lab Pro is arguably the best nootropic supplement money can buy right now.
Its formula is plant-based with no gelatine, GMOs, soy, gluten, or any filler. The capsules are made of fermented tapioca which makes them highly bioavailable and easy on your digestion.
Additionally, this supplement is made in an FDA-certified lab. This ensures you’re getting exactly what it says on the label and protects you from the risks of contamination that are seen with lower-quality products.
Mind Lab Pro is an eco-friendly product that is shipped in recyclable cardboard boxes.
With a price of $1.6 per day and great deals when buying in bulk, we feel it’s an excellent value for money.
If you’re someone who struggles with procrastination, poor memory & focus, or generally low mood, then you should definitely look into Mind Lab Pro.
#2 Performance Lab Mind
Performance Lab Mind is an ultramodern formula made for stacking with other nootropics.
It’s similar to Mind Lab Pro, but more streamlined. It only contains 4 ingredients, but in higher doses, which allows it to deliver more focused cognitive benefits.
Performance Lab Mind is one of the best nootropics currently available because it’s still able to cover all the most important areas of brain function with just a few ingredients. This makes it extremely safe to use long-term.
Plus, the quality is amazing – there’s no waste, fillers or redundant ingredients.
Taken daily, Performance Lab Mind helps you:
- Be more focused
- Stress less
- Have more mental energy
- Protect your brain from toxins and oxidative stress
- Repair and grow new neurons
The key advantage of this particular product is how easily it can be combined with other supplements.
In fact, Performance Lab Mind has been specifically designed to be paired with other Performance Lab Products. Our favorite combo is Performance Lab Mind and Performance Lab Stim for long work sessions.
Performance Lab Mind’s Ingredients
- Citicoline as Cognizin® (250mg)
- Phosphatidylserine as SharpPS Green® (100mg)
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (300mg)
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract (Standardized to 95% proanthocyanidins) (75mg)
Citicoline is an essential brain nutrient that improves energy and makes you more mentally alert.
Phosphatidylserine is a fatty compound found in our brain cells and it helps with neuron to neuron signaling. The SharpPS Green® version means it’s of the cleanest quality possible, derived from sunflower lecithin making it suitable for those with a soy allergy.
Meanwhile, Maritime Pine Bark Extract and L-Tyrosine work together to improve the underlying brain pathways for optimized long-term performance.
Performance Lab Mind Pros and Cons
- Cleanest quality formula
- Extremely safe
- Patented ingredients in clinical doses
- Supports short-term and long-term brain function
- Perfect for stacking with other supplements
- Great value for money
- Not as comprehensive as Mind Lab Pro
- Only available direct at PerformanceLab.com
Performance Lab Mind Conclusion
Performance Lab Mind is a simple yet extremely powerful nootropic supplement. It contains vegan-friendly patented ingredients, all wrapped in prebiotic plant capsules.
All things considered, there’s not much more we can ask from Performance Lab Mind. If you want the safest product with some of the best ingredients, in clinically tested doses, then look no further than this one.
#3 Alpha Brain
Produced by a well-known company Onnit and endorsed by the likes of Joe Rogan, Alpha Brain is definitely one of the better brain supplements on offer right now.
Alpha Brain doesn’t have even trace amounts of caffeine or other stimulants, making it another great choice for those who want to minimize the risk of side effects.
Alpha Brain’s ingredients work in combination to:
- Support your synaptic plasticity
- Improve your mood and reduce social anxiety
- Stimulate and protect neurons for better long-term health
- Fight the loss of concentration and cognitive function due to stress and aging
- Increase mental energy and awareness
- Improve memory and recall speed
Alpha Brain’s dosage is 2 capsules per day with a light meal. Unlike with Mind Lab Pro, it’s not recommended to exceed this dose.
But what’s inside?
Alpha Brain’s Ingredients
Eleven nootropics make up Alpha Brain’s formula including:
- Vitamin B6 (10mg)
- Onnit Flow Blend (650mg) – L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine, Oat Straw Extract, Phosphatidylserine
- Cat’s Claw Bark Extract (350mg)
- Onnit Focus Blend (240mg) – Alpha GPC, Bacopa Monnieri, Huperzine A,
- Onnit Fuel Blend (65mg) – Vinpocetine, Pterostilbene, L-Leucine
Huperzia Serrata (Huperzine A) in Alpha Brain works by raising your Acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that’s needed for memory retrieval and cognitive function.
Bacopa Monnieri is a neural tonic and adaptogen widely used in combating stress, anxiety, and memory decline.
Alpha GPC is added to Alpha Brain for its ability to enhance mental energy and deep focus. While vitamin B6 provides foundational support for long-term brain health and functioning.
Alpha Brain Pros and Cons
- Excellent ingredient choices
- Effective for memory, mood and focus
- Used by high-performers and athletes to improve odds of success
- No harsh side effects
- Highly reputable brand
- Might need to be cycled on and off due to Huperzine A
- Some people prefer formulas without proprietary blends
- More expensive than other options
Alpha Brain Conclusion
Alpha Brain is one of the best nootropic stacks available right now. Although it can be a bit pricey (depending on where you buy), there’s no doubt Alpha Brain is one of the most effective formulas when it comes to boosting mood and overall cognitive performance.