Performance Lab Sleep is a premium sleep product that helps you – you’ve guessed it – sleep better.
This supplement features patented, clinically-tested, and natural ingredients such as magnesium and l-tryptophan to enhance your sleep.
- Additionally, Performance Lab Sleep uses a natural form of melatonin sourced from tart cherries.
This is rare to see among sleep supplements nowadays – most companies use cheap and synthetic melatonin which isn’t nearly as effective.
Now, while Performance Lab Sleep looks to be a promising supplement, we can’t help but wonder: is it really as good as they say?
Let’s check the ingredients, side effects, and benefits to find out.
- Pros and Cons
- How to Take (Dosage)
- How to Get the Most Out of Performance Lab Sleep
- Side Effects
- Who Makes Performance Lab Sleep?
- Where to Buy Performance Lab Sleep?
- Conclusion: Should You Buy Performance Lab Sleep?
Pros and Cons
Performance Lab Sleep is a supplement of impressive quality.
Not only does it uses a natural form of melatonin (which is rare to see), but other ingredients such as magnesium come from nature-identical sources too.
The product even uses biodegradable plant caps for improved absorption in your body. And the packaging is recyclable.
- Uses natural, eco-friendly, and clinically tested ingredients
- It’s one of the rare supplements that use natural melatonin
- Helps you fall asleep
- Improves sleep quality
- Doesn’t have any sedatives which would make you sluggish
- Safe to take every day
- No synthetic additives, fillers, GMO, or other harmful ingredients
- You can buy it only on the official website
Among the benefits Performance Lab Sleep claims, a few stand out:
- Nightly regeneration support
- Peak daytime performance
- Improved sleep
Now, there’s only one way to know if these benefits are actually true.
It’s by inspecting the ingredients:
Montmorency Tart Cherry Extract (500mg, 50:1 CherryPURE Extract)
Montmorency Tart Cherry is one of the best natural sources of melatonin.
This fruit contains high levels of the sleep hormone, helping you relax and unwind before bed.
- Research shows tart cherry juice helps significantly increase sleep duration and quality. (1)
While our bodies produce melatonin naturally, blue light from smartphones and other devices can disrupt this process.
Supplementing with melatonin helps your brain have more of the sleeping hormone.
That said, most melatonin supplements use synthetic melatonin.
- Performance Lab Sleep uses tart cherry extract, which is a nature-identical source of melatonin.
The same kind your pineal gland produces.
Tryptophan (500mg, TryptoPure)
L-tryptophan is an amino acid precursor to serotonin.
Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that regulates your mood and appetite, among other functions.
Your body naturally converts serotonin to melatonin when it’s time to fall asleep.
- But if there’s not enough tryptophan available, the brain won’t be able to make melatonin. This can lead to insomnia and poor sleep quality. (2)
Performance Lab Sleep offers a patented form of tryptophan which provides your brain with the building blocks to create the sleeping hormone.
Magnesium (100mg of combined Magnesium Bisglycinate, Magnesium Taurate, and BioGenesis Magnesium)
Magnesium is an essential mineral. It helps you relax your nerves and muscles. We usually get it from our diet. But due to soil depletion and poor eating habits, many people are chronically deficient in magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is linked to restlessness, irritability, anxiety, poor memory, and yes – insomnia. (3, 4) Performance Lab Sleep provides you with 100mg of elemental magnesium to help you relax and unwind before hitting the pillow.
How to Take (Dosage)
You should take 2 capsules of Performance Lab Sleep about 1-2 hours before going to bed. If taking it on a full stomach, it’s better to take it 2 hours before bed.
If you have serious insomnia, you can safely dose up to 4 capsules per day.
- Don’t take high doses (4+ caps) of Performance Lab Sleep if you take SSRI’s. Tryptophan, one of the ingredients in this product, increases serotonin – and so do SSRI’s. This can lead to serotonin syndrome.
Although it’s extremely unlikely that tryptophan would lead to serotonin syndrome if combined with an SSRI. It’s still smart to play it safe. Always check with your doctor first if you’re on an antidepressant.
How to Get the Most Out of Performance Lab Sleep
Taking Performance Lab Sleep alone should be enough to help you fall asleep fast once your head hits the pillow.
But to ensure optimal benefits, you should combine this supplement with a bedtime routine.
Here are a few tips:
- Try to go to sleep at the same time every night. This helps regulate your circadian rhythm, aka, your body’s internal clock.
- Use a sleeping mask and earplugs to block out external stimulus and improve sleep quality.
- Avoid all electronics at least 1 hour before bed. Blue light from electronics interferes with your sleep.
- Aim to exercise early in the day.
- Keep the bedroom temperature cool. The body needs to cool down to fall asleep.
- Avoid stressful activities, alcohol, and caffeine before bed as these can severely disrupt your sleep.
If you’re a healthy person, Performance Lab Sleep won’t cause any side effects.
It’s made from nature-identical ingredients with clinically proven doses.
That said, if you suffer from depression and take SSRI’s, it may be a good idea to talk with your doctor first. That’s because tryptophan (an ingredient found in Performance Lab Sleep) can interfere with antidepressants in rare cases.
Who Makes Performance Lab Sleep?
They offer proven products and often go the extra mile in terms of quality. They use plant capsules that are biodegradable and easily digestible. On the other hand, most supplement producers use semi-synthetic capsules which are harder to digest, potentially leading to reduced ingredient absorption.
Where to Buy Performance Lab Sleep?
You can only buy Performance Lab Sleep on their official website.
Be aware of possible Performance Lab Sleep products on Amazon and other third party sites. These aren’t sold officially by Opti Nutra and you can’t tell what you’ll get.
A one-month supply of Performance Lab Sleep will cost you $35.
Opti Nutra offers a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with their products.
They also offer discounts for buying Performance Lab Sleep:
- 5% when buying 2 bottles
- 10% when buying 3 or more bottles
Considering that creating your own stack with the same ingredients would cost at least $45, Performance Lab Sleep is a good value for money. Not only that, it saves you the hassle from looking through a sea of ingredients yourself, which can be a painful process.
Conclusion: Should You Buy Performance Lab Sleep?
Performance Lab Sleep took an extra step to ensure that it’s not only natural and effective. But also good for the environment. They use recyclable packaging and biodegradable plant capsules. The added benefit of these caps is that they easily digest in your body, leading to improved absorption of the ingredients.
As for the ingredients themselves, Performance Lab Sleep only uses the best of the best. A patented form of magnesium, natural melatonin that comes from tart cherries, and l-tryptophan which is essential for creating natural sleep hormones.
All in all, people at Opti Nutra made sure that their product helps you:
- Sleep better
- Fall asleep faster
- Wake up energized and refreshed the following morning
You can take Performance Lab Sleep daily if you want. Each ingredient is clinically tested for safety and efficacy.
If you want to give it a try, you can check Performance Lab Sleep here.
Effect of tart cherry juice (Prunus cerasus) on melatonin levels and enhanced sleep quality. (source)
The therapeutic potential for tryptophan and melatonin: possible roles in depression, sleep, Alzheimer's disease, and abnormal aging. (source)
Skeletal and hormonal effects of magnesium deficiency. (source)
The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. (source)